RSS

NOW Women Spotlight

Today we are highlighting a wonderful woman and an amazing business person.  Her name is Lynsey Jones of the Party Plan Divas.   She has been in Direct Sales for a total of 11 years!  


I asked Lynsey a few questions about her success and her career in Direct Sales and here is what she had to say:


Why do you love direct sales? The Direct Sales industry is unlike any other industry in Corporate America.  The ability to "level the playing field" where truly ANYONE can be a success - regardless of race, background, education level, etc is truly amazing.  I have helped women from every walk of life become wildly successful and reach the dreams they never thought they could.  That in itself is more than any other industry can offer.

Would you like to share your "WHY" with us?  Nothing inspires me more than to see someone else succeed.  I have many success stories under my belt of women I have worked with to go from a mediocre life, to a world they never dreamed of.  My passion is helping others, and my "why" is shown to me every day in emails, phone calls, and TWEETS of success from women who I have helped become successful.  When you change your focus to making other people successful and stop looking at your own success, you will be amazed how your life with change. 

Any other words of advise or tidbits you would like to share? Anyone who has read this can be successful.  Anyone who is willing to do what it takes, regardless of your background or what you have done before, can be successful.  I am not a typical "success coach", and I do not pretend to be.  Chances are I have been where any of you are sitting, if not worse, and I am here to tell you - YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL.  It takes work.  It is simple, but it is not easy.  I have worked with women literally worldwide who have found the success and balance they are looking for.  Don't ever give up.  You deserve the success you dream about!

How do you stay motivated in your business? I keep my business fresh and I continue to be BRUTALLY honest with myself. If business is down, you have to be willing to say "well, Lynsey, you haven't been working it the way you need to, so you really cant be surprised."  It is that kind of honesty that will keep you on track, OR help you get back on track should you get lost.  This industry is solid.  If your business is not booming, if you are not as busy as you want to be - it is because not enough people know that you do what you do.  Be willing to be honest with yourself.

What advise do you have for someone just starting out in the industry?  Get started - get a schedule early on.  In the beginning people kind of work at the "mercy" of the hostess or client - this leads to early burnout or getting overwhelmed.  Get a schedule, stick to it, do the WORK, and you will be successful.  Also, give it time.  There is no such thing as a "get rich quick" scheme - but there certainly is "get rich slow" Ha!  Be persistent, be CONSISTENT, and you will have everything you want.

Would you tell us a little bit more about why you started your Party Plan Divas business?I fell in love with the Party Plan industry and researched and studied dozens of successful women in Direct Sales and Party Plan.  I attended every possible training event, read every book, and took every class I could find.   Even after all of that though, I still felt like I was working "ALL THE TIME" and still making very little money.  It wasn't until I stumbled across The FlyLady's method for keeping house that I thought "wow, someone needs to do this for business" and then I became that "someone."  I began creating a system, USING that system, and reached the top of my Party Plan Company in just 11 months.  I then began teaching my team the same system, and the next year was recognized for the largest team volume in the company for a team my size. It was then that The Diva Success System was born!! =)

Thank you Lynsey for all you wonderful words of wisdom!  To get in touch with Lynsey or to learn more about what she does email her at partyplandivas@gmail.com or visit her website at http://partyplandivas.com.
 

4 comments:

Staci A said...

It's wonderful to see someone so passionate about what they do!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love how passionate you are about what you do! What a great role model!

Unknown said...

I have truly grown from being party of Lynsey's circle. She is a great inspiration even for the one's pushing 40 like me. It's never too late and with Lynsey on your side you are bound to prosper in anything you do. I love my life as a Party Plan Diva and wife. Love you Lynsey.

Melanie

The Momma said...

I agree with Melanie!

I would not be where I am in my industry with out the help and encouragement I receive from Lynsey! She is always available to help her Divas!

Post a Comment